Whatever your role or position, working in the healthcare system comes with unprecedented stress. To help you cope during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Saskatchewan Health Authority has compiled a Wellness Package for Healthcare Workers.
In this section you will find the following documents to help you cope during this trying time:
- Coping with Stress: Advice for Health Care Worker During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Stress and Self-Monitoring for Health Care Workers – This is a tool for monitoring how stress is impacting you.
- Building a Self-Care Plan – A guide for helping you build a self-care plan.
- Grounding Techniques – A resource to help you with overwhelming moments and how to re-focus on the present.
- Resource Guide – List of Saskatchewan Health Authority resources, additional contacts, links, and apps.
Using these resources, you will see that there is no one right way to manage during an extremely difficult situation. These resources are not meant to be comprehensive, or cover every scenario. Everyone copes differently and experiences different reactions to stressful situations. Reflecting on how you are currently managing can go a long way in identifying what you need to stay physically and mentally well.
These resources are meant to convey to you the importance of:
- Monitoring your level of stress in order to help you remain effective in your role;
- Provide you with a foundation of self-help resources to help you cope if needed;
- Inform you of where to find additional self-help resources, and remind you that you are not alone and that help is available.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused people to modify the way they think, live and work and we hope this Wellness Package will help by giving you some tools to incorporate into your everyday life.