April 2021 (Projected)
- Phase 2 is anticipated to begin in April 2021.
- It will continue priority population immunization and begin general population immunization.
- Distribution will occur throughout the province at public health clinics and other vaccination delivery sites.
- Vaccination Sites: The goal is for all residents to be able to access vaccine where they live or work. Vaccinations will be done in LTC and PCH homes in Phase 1. Phase 2 will include mass immunization clinics, and vaccinations by physicians, nurse practitioners, and pharmacists.
- Dependent on vaccine availability, sequencing of additional priority populations and general population access will be announced in subsequent planning updates.
- Planning for redeployment of public service staff is underway to support administration tasks and data entry at vaccine sites.
- Training of public service staff will begin as soon as possible to ensure rapid readiness as needed.
- Additional vaccine providers may be engaged, depending upon vaccine availability.
Phase 2 will begin sooner if vaccine supplies allow.