Eligible applicants must:
- Be a tourism business;
- Maintain a permanent establishment in Saskatchewan;
- Have been carrying on business in Saskatchewan on October 1, 2020.
- Have experienced a loss of sales revenue of at least 30% when comparing 2020 annual sales revenue to 2019 annual sales revenue;
- Intend to carry on business operations; and
- Not receive funding from the Government of Saskatchewan to cover its core funding.
For attractions and tourism sector businesses, loss of sales revenue will be considered as follows:
- For year-round and seasonal businesses, eligible businesses must have experienced a loss of sales revenue of at least 30% when comparing annual sales revenue in 2020 to annual sales revenue in 2019.
For event sector businesses, the applicant's planned event during the eligibility period must be:
- A reoccurring event;
- Be live or in-person;
- Attract at least 20% of the attendees from a distance outside 40km; and
- Has been cancelled, will cancel, or will take place with additional public health precautions and expenses due to restrictions on public gatherings.