There are two sets of eligibility criteria outlined below, based on the type of essential care facility. Please review each set of criteria in order to determine your eligibility and which application form you must complete.
To be eligible under Wage Supplement Program Form A, a worker must:
- earn a wage less than $24.00 per hour at an eligible essential care facility, in the four-week period for which the worker has applied for the STWSP; and
- have total gross earnings less than $2,500, including earnings from work outside an eligible essential care facility, in the four-week period for which the worker has applied for the STWSP; and
- be employed by an eligible essential care facility including:
- Unlicensed private assisted living facilities, where residents are provided with direct assistance or supervision of daily living activities;
- Community-based group homes;
- Licensed childcare facilities;
- Emergency shelters;
- Transition shelters – short stay/emergency, transition housing; and
- Home care workers providing care to seniors in their own home.
To be eligible under Wage Supplement Program Form B, an applicant must:
1. Be employed by a:
- Personal care home licensed pursuant to The Personal Care Homes Act; or
- Special-care home designated pursuant to The Provincial Health Authority Act.
2. Be the owner/operator of:
- An approved private-service home as defined in The Residential Services Act; or
- A licensed or unlicensed family child care home as defined in The Child Care Act.
Note: The wage supplement will be provided to only one eligible owner/operator of an approved private-service home or unlicensed family child care home.
3. Be employed by an integrated health care facility.
Note: Employees at these facilities who applied and were denied due to the previous income criteria are not required to reapply for any application periods already submitted. These applications will be reviewed again under the updated criteria for these facilities. Applications must be submitted for any periods that have not been applied for already.
Acute care facilities such as hospitals which provide access to acute short term care services such as emergency, ambulatory care, diagnostic services, inpatient and outpatient care, critical care, and surgical care operated by the Provincial Health Authority or its affiliates as defined in The Provincial Health Authority Act, are not eligible facilities.
Eligible essential care facilities are listed alphabetically in the online application forms (see drop-down menus under "Employer Information").
The benefit will be provided to full-time, part-time and casual workers, and includes anyone employed by the facility, such as care workers, cooks, housekeepers, janitors, administrative staff, etc., but does not include third party contract service providers working in the facilities.
The wage supplement will be provided to only one eligible owner/operator of an approved private-service home or unlicensed family child care home.
Residents of Alberta or Manitoba who meet the criteria and are employed by an eligible essential care facility in Saskatchewan, or Lloydminster, AB, or Flin Flon, MB, are eligible to apply.