In order to be qualified for accreditation, a teacher must:
- Hold a permanent Saskatchewan Professional 'A' Certificate;
- Have two full years of teaching experience;
- Have attended a Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation accreditation seminar; and
- Have 24 university credit hours of academic and professional courses:
- 21 credit hours in academic courses, including a minimum of 12 hours in the accreditation area and nine hours in related areas; and
- Three credit hours in a professional education course, including secondary-level methods course in curriculum, instructional methods or evaluation in the subject area.