Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Case numbers are updated daily. 

Effective December 17, all private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households only.  Review all public health measures 

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Unpaid Work-Integrated Learning – Student Coverage

In April 2007, the Saskatchewan Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) and the Ministry of Advanced Education and Employment signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to extend workers' compensation coverage to individuals undertaking unpaid work-integrated learning. The MOU outlines the coverage eligibility criteria pursuant to this arrangement.

The MOU between the WCB and the Ministry of Advanced Education has been extended to June 30, 2021, to ensure post-secondary students have continued workers' compensation coverage. Should the post-secondary institutions or students have any questions or concerns about the current MOU, please contact the Ministry of Advanced Education at 306-787-5748.

In addition, individuals pursuing unpaid work-integrated learning with community based organizations are now covered under the terms and conditions of a new MOU. Should participants have any questions or concerns, please contact the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training at 306-787-7384.

Prior to placing a student with an employer, post-secondary institutions or community based organizations must ensure that the student has completed a Work-Based Learning Consent and Agreement Form for post-secondary institutions or for community-based organizations.

If a student becomes injured on the worksite, the following should be done:

  1. The work placement supervisor should provide appropriate first aid and, as necessary, arrange for transportation so that the student can receive appropriate treatment from a qualified health care professional.
  2. The incident must be reported to the work placement supervisor and to the individual at the post‑secondary institution/community-based organization responsible for co-ordinating the student's work placement as soon as possible.
  3. If medical attention is required, the student's health care provider must file a report with the WCB.
  4. For a student's workers' compensation claim to be considered, three documents must be completed, as follows:

    To ensure that claims are considered in a timely manner, these forms should be faxed to the Ministry of Advanced Education at 306-798-3159 or the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training at 306-798-5022 within three days of the incident. The respective ministry will submit the forms to the WCB. This should be done regardless of whether the student has lost wages as a result of the incident.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve