Budget 2022-23 strengthens and protects Saskatchewan with record investments in health care, pre-K to grade 12 and post-secondary education, social services and assistance, and the protection of persons and property.
$309.6M for early learning and child care, including 6,100 new child care spaces and significant fee reductions
- $6.8 billion record level of health care funding, including $21.6 million more to reduce the surgical waitlist
- $8 million increase, to $470 million, for mental health and addictions programs and services
- $12.5 million increase for 11 additional intensive care unit beds bringing the total to 90 across the province in 2022-23, increasing to 110 by 2024-25
- $17 million increase to support seniors, including $6.5 million for an additional 117 continuing care aide positions
- A new independent agency dedicated to recruiting and retaining health care workers
- $3.5 million increase for physician recruitment and retention initiatives