Enhanced Emergency Shelters
Request for Services
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation (SHC) is seeking proposals for the operation of Enhanced Emergency Shelters:
- one location in Regina (15 to 25 beds); and
- two locations in Saskatoon (about 30 beds each).
Enhanced Emergency Shelters provide a safe and supportive environment for individuals experiencing homelessness. Individuals who access these shelters receive individualized case planning, connections to cultural, health, and income services, and support to transition to suitable housing based on individual needs.
- Low-barrier 24/7 shelter access with three daily meals;
- Access to health care services;
- Referrals to mental health, addiction, and trauma supports;
- Onsite case planning for help accessing culturally relevant resources and services; and
- Connections to income and housing services.
- Block funding of up to $110 per night per shelter space;
- A building in which to operate the shelter; and
- Access to income assistance and health services staff who can provide onsite services to clients.
To apply, organizations must:
- Have experience delivering services to people experiencing chronic or episodic homelessness;
- Be incorporated or eligible for incorporation in Saskatchewan; and
- Be in good financial standing with SHC.
3. How to Apply
Proponents must email a complete proposal to SHC by midnight on October 24, 2023, at EOI.SHC@gov.sk.ca.
Proponents should clearly state the community for which they are making an application.
For more information or assistance completing a proposal, proponents can contact SHC at 1‑866‑245‑5758.
4. Additional Information
The locations of the building(s) where services will be delivered have not been identified. Details of the locations will be provided once they are available. The successful supplier will enter into a lease agreement with the owner of the building.
Funding is available for the delivery of new spaces only. The successful supplier will enter into a service agreement with Saskatchewan Housing Corporation to operate the enhanced emergency shelter spaces.