Proponents are eligible if they are, but not limited to:
All proponents must be registered in Saskatchewan, and in good standing with Saskatchewan Housing Corporation (SHC).
- the community housing sector (e.g. non-profit housing organizations and rental co-operatives);
- Municipal Governments and their agencies;
- Indigenous Governments and Organizations (including First Nations Bands, Tribal Councils and Métis organizations); and
- Private entrepreneur/builder/developers
Projects are eligible if they are:
SHC is unable to fund on-reserve housing or licensed facilities.
- for the acquisition and renovation, conversion, or new construction of buildings;
- acquisition and renovation of existing buildings and conversion of non-residential buildings will be encouraged in communities with identified need;
- carefully considered for the proposed community or region’s need for rental units, the demand for this type of housing, the availability and appropriateness of existing housing options and the long-term viability of the proposed project;
- affordable for individuals or families with an annual gross household income at or below the Saskatchewan Household Income Maximum (SHIM) Low. Careful consideration needs to be given to actual incomes of the targeted households and the rental rates affordable under those incomes.
| Household Type
SHC intends to evaluate proposals based on the criteria set out in this EOI in order to select the proposal that provides the most appropriate value, as determined by SHC in its sole discretion. SHC has not pre-assigned any specific weighting to the rated criteria.
Solution/Project prioritization and resultant funding is subject to funding availability.