The Ministry of Government Relations is seeking input on red tape issues regarding building and accessibility standards regulations. Access the survey and share your feedback before February 28, 2021.
The Uniform Building and Accessibility Standards Act provides the legislative framework for the application of building, accessibility and energy standards.
Application of building, accessibility and energy standards is a shared responsibility.
- The building owner is responsible to comply with building, accessibility and energy standards.
- The local authority (municipality) is responsible for administration and enforcement of the standards.
- The Government of Saskatchewan is responsible for the legislative, regulatory and policy framework.
- Licensed building officials provide services to the municipality.
- Architects, engineers and contractors provide services to building owners.