The Uniform Building and Accessibility Standards Act provides the legislative framework for the application of building, accessibility and energy standards.
Application of building, accessibility and energy standards is a shared responsibility.
- The building owner is responsible to comply with building, accessibility and energy standards.
- The local authority (municipality) is responsible for administration and enforcement of the standards.
- The Government of Saskatchewan is responsible for the legislative, regulatory and policy framework.
- Licensed building officials provide services to the municipality.
- Architects, engineers and contractors provide services to building owners.