WFD-PD provides assistance to individuals, community-based organizations and employers to help minimize the impact of disability on education and employment.
Applications can be made by any:
- Individual adult who, because of a disability, requires specialized supports in order to prepare for, obtain and/or maintain employment
- Community-Based Organization who conducts assessments or provides disability-specific career and employment services
- Employer who requires specialized support to hire an individual with a disability
The program will consider project-based applications developed by community-based organizations. Any proposal submitted must show a direct link to mainstream employment and must address and document individual needs.
Employers who are hiring a person with a disability can receive support for the disability-related costs of accommodating that person. Typical accommodation costs would include productivity supports, technical supports, job coach and job shadowing. Generally, capital costs will not be approved.
- Funding must support a resident of Saskatchewan 16 and over who, because of a disability, will require extraordinary supports to prepare for, obtain or maintain employment.
- Funding supports are for disability-related costs only.
- Funding may be used to conduct an assessment to determine the impact of disability and the supports required for successful employment.
- Funding is contingent upon confirmation of disability and a description of the supports needed in an individual Career Action Plan.
The action plan must focus on employment with attention to disability-related costs and must encourage the use of mainstream programs wherever possible.
Eligible Support Costs
Individual supports are intended to address exceptional disability-related costs and must be specific to education or employment settings.
- Training on the job;
- Vocational and work assessments;
- Psycho-educational assessments;
- Job coaching;
- Support for employers; and
- Disability-related costs for a wide variety of post-secondary education and training programs.
Disability supports do not include equipment, services or support required by the participant’s peers (i.e. co-workers, other students, business competitors).
Learn more about disability-related supports that are eligible for funding under this program.