Every operator of a pipeline for which a licence to construct has been issued shall not commence operation of a pipeline until all piping has been successfully pressure tested and a leave to open has been granted.
Before applying for a Leave to Open, you shall:
- If a corporation, be registered through Information Services Corporation (ISC) to do business in Saskatchewan.
- Have a Pipeline Licence approval.
- Notify the Ministry of Energy and Resources a minimum of 24 hours before conducting a pressure test.
- Have the pipeline pressure tested in accordance with the most recent version of CSA Standard Z662, Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems.
How To Apply
- Assemble the required supporting documentation as outlined in the Pipeline Leave to Open Application.
- Complete the Pipeline Leave to Open Application.
- Submit the completed application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: If the application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate, the Ministry will notify the applicant of the deficiencies, the initial application will be discarded, and the applicant will be required to submit a new application.
Download the Pipeline Leave to Open Application
Submit the completed application form and all supporting documentation to email@example.com.