Landowners may nominate specific oil and gas sites (Nominated Sites) on their land for consideration for work under the ASCP.
Nomination of a site does not guarantee that it will be abandoned and/or reclaimed under the program. Ultimately, it is the licensee – the owner of the asset – who will determine whether or not the work will be completed under the ASCP.
- You must be a legal landowner on title to nominate a site for consideration under the ASCP program;
- You must declare that you have consent from any other legal landowners on title to nominate the site into the ASCP;
- A landowner cannot nominate the same site twice;
- All information must be accurate and complete for sites to be considered nominated into the program;
- There is no deadline for submitting nominations into the program;
- The Landowner Site Nomination process is open to all Saskatchewan landowners. However, only sites with ASCP eligible licensees will currently be considered for work under the program.
- Landowners may also nominate orphaned sites. Again, these sites are not currently eligible under the ASCP. A landowner nominated orphan site may be used to inform the planning process for work completed under the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Orphan Fund.
Note: The Government of Saskatchewan will not intervene to resolve disputes between the licensee and the landowner responsible for the nominated site. All program work completed under the landowner nomination process will be subject to agreement by both the licensee and the landowner.
How to Nominate a Site
Please follow these steps to nominate a site:
- Step 1 – Complete the Landowner Site Nomination Form electronically.
- Step 2 – Create an email with the subject line Landowner ASCP Site Nomination.
- Step 3 – Attach the completed Landowner Site Nomination Form.
- Step 4 – Send the email with the form attached to ER.email@example.com.
- Step 5 – The list of landowner nominated sites will be posted on the ASCP webpage and will be sent to all eligible licensees for consideration. If an eligible licensee decides to complete work at a landowner nominated site, they will be instructed to contact the landowner.
* For more information on the landowner site nomination process, refer to the ASCP question and answer document that can be found at the bottom of this page.
List of Nominated Sites