Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan:

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Authorizing Subleasing and Sale of Hay on Crown Lands

By Helen Rud, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Lands Branch, Regina

June 2021

The Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture is now authorizing lessees of Crown agricultural land to sublease or sell hay from the lease if they have excess grazing or hay resources, due to dry conditions.

To sublease grazing land or sell hay from the lease, lessees must complete the 2021 Emergency Grazing Sublease and Hay Sale Authorization form below and submit it to the Ministry of Agriculture Lands Branch. This authorization is only valid for the 2021 calendar year.

For more information on other supports, visit the Producer Resources for Dry Conditions section of our website. Here you will find articles that outline resources and program information for producers related to water development and infrastructure, farm stress, and water testing. 

Contact the Agriculture Knowledge Centre at 1-866-457-2377 for more information.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve