Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Regional Offices Offer Programs and Services to Producers Dealing with Dry Conditions

September 2021

If you are in an area of the province currently dealing with dry conditions, we want to remind you that our regional offices have a team of specialists that offer expertise, as well as programs and services to help address some of the challenges your operation could be facing. Whether you have concerns about water quality for livestock, questions related to your pasture health, or need answers on how your cereals, oilseeds or pulse crops will react in challenging growing conditions, our regional specialists can help you identify some steps forward.

Man taking a water sample from a dugout
Specialist water testing a dugout

Our livestock and feed extensions specialists are busy supporting producers around the province with water testing for livestock water sources. Water testing services are free of charge for producers who have a Premises Identification (PID) number in Saskatchewan. It’s important to prioritize the monitoring of your livestock water sources and our specialists will not only test water samples but analyze the results and explore alternatives. They can also help you get the most out of your available feed resources.

Our crops extension specialists are also available to give you the latest agronomic information. These specialists can help you assess how current conditions will impact your crop during the growing season. If it remains dry during the growing season, they can also provide guidance on proper crop residue management for unsuccessful fields and management options for weed, insect and disease control on stressed crops.

Range management extension specialists are located in many of the regional offices and offer a wealth of knowledge from both a pasture and grazing management perspective to ensure you are considering all the variables when it comes to managing pastures for long-term health.

If relying on dugouts and sloughs has created water challenges for your operation over the years, the agriculture programs specialists can provide you with applicable program information related to developing additional on-farm water resources. Shallow-buried pipelines are eligible under the Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP). For information on this or other programs, connect with one of our agriculture program specialists for details.

If you require agronomic advice, program information or other pathfinding services, contact the Agriculture Knowledge Centre at 1-866-457-2377 and they will direct you to the appropriate specialist.

For more information:

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve