The Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP) delivery model has changed. New dugouts, wells or pipeline projects no longer require pre-approval under the program. There are, however, a series of eligibility requirements that must be met to qualify for a FRWIP rebate.
Review the prerequisites below with your Regional Agriculture Program Specialist or local Watershed technician before you dig. Some conditions include:
- A gross farm income of $50,000 in Saskatchewan (year prior or year of application);
- Water project must be for agricultural purposes;
- Projects on leased land must be approved by land owner or crown lease must be approved by your Lands Agrologist;
- Projects must comply with water development regulations including acquiring a Water Rights License, Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit and Water Well Driller’s Report;
- Crown land considered environmentally sensitive and designated protected under the Wildlife Habitat Protection Act (WHPA) requires approval prior to commencing work;
- Land designated as critical habitat under the Species at Risk Act for a listed species at risk requires approval prior to commencing work; and
- Livestock producers require a Premises Identification Number (PID).
For program details contact your nearest Regional Office.
For application support, contact your nearest Watershed Technician.