Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Changes to the Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program

Newly constructed dugout
New dugouts no longer require pre-approval.
The Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP) delivery model has changed. New dugouts, wells or pipeline projects no longer require pre-approval under the program. There are, however, a series of eligibility requirements that must be met to qualify for a FRWIP rebate. 

Review the prerequisites below with your Regional Agriculture Program Specialist or local Watershed technician before you dig. Some conditions include:

  • A gross farm income of $50,000 in Saskatchewan (year prior or year of application);
  • Water project must be for agricultural purposes;
  • Projects on leased land must be approved by land owner or crown lease must be approved by your Lands Agrologist;
  • Projects must comply with water development regulations including acquiring a Water Rights License, Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit and Water Well Driller’s Report;
  • Crown land considered environmentally sensitive and designated protected under the Wildlife Habitat Protection Act (WHPA) requires approval prior to commencing work;
  • Land designated as critical habitat under the Species at Risk Act for a listed species at risk requires approval prior to commencing work; and
  • Livestock producers require a Premises Identification Number (PID).

For program details contact your nearest Regional Office.

For application support, contact your nearest Watershed Technician.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve