Producers in some areas have experienced heavy rain and hail. If you’re faced with challenges due to inclement weather, the following resources are available:
- The Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) – PDAP helps agricultural operations recover from natural disasters, including flooding, tornadoes, plow winds and other disasters caused by severe weather. Call PDAP at 1-866-632-4033 for more information.
- Forage Insurance – Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC) offers forage insurance to cover hay loss as well as unseeded acres due to flooding. For more information on forage insurance, call 1-888-935-0000.
- Unseeded Acreage – SCIC offers insurance for acres unseeded or seeded and subsequently unable to be reseeded. For more information on unseeded acreage call 1-888-935-0000.
- Western Livestock Price Insurance Program (WLPIP) – SCIC offers price insurance for cattle to protect themselves against unexpected price declines. For more information on WLPIP, call 1-888-935-0000.
- Wildlife Damage Compensation Program – SCIC provides compensation to producers for the death or injury of livestock, fowl or specialty animals due to predation. For more information, call 1-888-935-000.
- Farm Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP) – FRWIP helps producers by contributing 50 per cent of the cost to build a new dugouts or expand existing ones, and drill water wells for cattle.
- Emergency Flood Damage Reduction Program (EFDRP) – EFDRP is administered by the Saskatchewan Water Security Agency and provides assistance with the implementation of emergency flood protection measures for communities, rural municipalities, businesses, non-profit organizations, individuals with rural yard sites, country residences, and cottages to prevent damage from imminent risk of flooding. Call EFDRP at 1-306-694-3900.
- Crown Leased Land – Every year the lands management specialists send letters to the lease holders asking them to report flooded acres. Rent may be reduced if a lessee is ineligible for insurance caused by an uncontrollable natural event (fire, flooding etc.). The lessee is required to complete and submit a report prior to Oct. 1. A lessee can contact their Land Management Specialist at any time for additional information.
- Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Feed Extension Specialists – Our livestock and feed extension specialist team can provide feeding and grazing options for producers. Contact the Agriculture Knowledge Centre general inquiry line at 1-866-457-2377.
- The Farm Stress Line – The Farm Stress line is available to support Saskatchewan producers in times of stress or crisis. Staffed by trained crisis workers, it is available 24/7, and all calls are strictly confidential. Call the Farm Stress Line anytime at 1-800-667-4442.