Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Daily case numbers and information for businesses and workers.

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was released on April 23rd.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Government Programming for Producers faced with Flooding

July 2020

Flooding Producers in some areas have experienced heavy rain and hail. If you’re faced with challenges due to inclement weather, the following resources are available:

  • The Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) – PDAP helps agricultural operations recover from natural disasters, including flooding, tornadoes, plow winds and other disasters caused by severe weather. Call PDAP at 1-866-632-4033 for more information.

  • Forage Insurance – Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC) offers forage insurance to cover hay loss as well as unseeded acres due to flooding. For more information on forage insurance, call 1-888-935-0000.

  • Unseeded Acreage – SCIC offers insurance for acres unseeded or seeded and subsequently unable to be reseeded. For more information on unseeded acreage call 1-888-935-0000.

  • Western Livestock Price Insurance Program (WLPIP) – SCIC offers price insurance for cattle to protect themselves against unexpected price declines. For more information on WLPIP, call 1-888-935-0000.

  • Wildlife Damage Compensation Program – SCIC provides compensation to producers for the death or injury of livestock, fowl or specialty animals due to predation. For more information, call 1-888-935-000.

  • Farm Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP) – FRWIP helps producers by contributing 50 per cent of the cost to build a new dugouts or expand existing ones, and drill water wells for cattle. 

  • Emergency Flood Damage Reduction Program (EFDRP) – EFDRP is administered by the Saskatchewan Water Security Agency and provides assistance with the implementation of emergency flood protection measures for communities, rural municipalities, businesses, non-profit organizations, individuals with rural yard sites, country residences, and cottages to prevent damage from imminent risk of flooding. Call EFDRP at 1-306-694-3900.

  • Crown Leased Land – Every year the lands management specialists send letters to the lease holders asking them to report flooded acres. Rent may be reduced if a lessee is ineligible for insurance caused by an uncontrollable natural event (fire, flooding etc.). The lessee is required to complete and submit a report prior to Oct. 1. A lessee can contact their Land Management Specialist at any time for additional information. 

  • Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Feed Extension Specialists – Our livestock and feed extension specialist team can provide feeding and grazing options for producers. Contact the Agriculture Knowledge Centre general inquiry line at 1-866-457-2377.

  • The Farm Stress Line – The Farm Stress line is available to support Saskatchewan producers in times of stress or crisis. Staffed by trained crisis workers, it is available 24/7, and all calls are strictly confidential. Call the Farm Stress Line anytime at 1-800-667-4442.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve