Disease surveillance and management initiatives strengthen animal health monitoring in the province.
Programming is being developed for:
- Animal health monitoring and surveillance of emerging and production limiting diseases;
- Antimicrobial use and resistance; and
- Surveillance of zoonotic diseases.
The Johne's Disease Surveillance Program provides funding to cattle producers to cover:
- Vet costs related to blood collection;
- Lab tests; and
- Risk assessment and Management planning.
The Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) Provincial Screening and Control Program provides funding to beef producers to cover:
- The costs of lab tests; and
- Vet consultation for herds with BVD.