- Develop sustainable non-potable water supplies for agricultural use to meet the needs of intensive agricultural operations and value-added agricultural businesses in Saskatchewan.
- Develop irrigation infrastructure outside of irrigation districts to increase irrigation capacity and develop new irrigated acres in Saskatchewan.
Agricultural producers, non‐district irrigators, value‐added agricultural businesses and First
Nation bands, in the province of Saskatchewan, were eligible.
The deadline to apply under the Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program under Growing Forward 2 ended on Sept. 30, 2017 and applications are no longer being accepted.
Be a Saskatchewan resident or file income tax in Saskatchewan;
- Operate an intensive livestock operation with an approved plan under The
Agricultural Operations Act, and have a minimum of $35,000 of gross income from
livestock, or livestock product sales; or
- Operate an intensive horticultural operation, generating a minimum of $35,000 of
gross income from horticulture product sales; or
- Plan to increase irrigation capacity by a minimum of 10 acres of land for agricultural
purposes outside of an irrigation district, earn a minimum of $35,000 of gross farm
income and have an Approval to Construct permit from the Saskatchewan Water
Security Agency; or
- Operate a processing business that adds value to primary agricultural commodities
that generates a minimum of $35,000 of business income from processing primary
- Undertake an eligible project (see list below) to develop a secure water supply for
agricultural or business use, develop non‐district irrigation infrastructure, or
decommission a well;
- Projects must be commenced after August 1, 2012 and be completed and claim
submitted by the earlier of 18 months after receiving written approval of the
project, or February 15, 2018; and
- Projects must be located on land owned or controlled by the applicant. If project is
located on leased or rented land, written permission by the land owner is required.
Projects must be commenced after August 1, 2012 and be completed and claim submitted by February 15, 2018.
Download Claim Form
Completed claim forms can be submitted by:
Fax: (306) 798-7100, or by mail:
Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure
Program Design and Delivery Branch
Ministry of Agriculture
329 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina SK S4S 0B1