Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Basic Eligibility

To be eligible, applicants must:  

  • Be a Saskatchewan resident or file income tax with farm income in Saskatchewan;
  • Have a Saskatchewan Environmental Farm Plan;
    • For certain BMPs applicants may also be eligible by working through an Agri-Environmental Group Plan (AEGP). Please refer to the Beneficial Management Practice (BMP) for information on AEGP eligibility.
  • Own or control a minimum of 320 acres of farmland in Saskatchewan;
  • Earn a minimum of $35,000 of farm income in Saskatchewan in the year of application.
  • Projects must have been commenced after April 1, 2013 and be completed and claim submitted within 18 months of project approval or January 31, 2018, whichever is earlier. Only work completed from April 1, 2013 to January 31, 2018 is eligible. Work done prior to April 1, 2013, or after January 31, 2018, is not eligible.
  • Please refer to each BMP for additional eligibility criteria.
  • You are responsible for obtaining and complying with any regulatory requirements, including obtaining any required permits or approvals, and for incorporating any relevant mitigation measures for your project. Requirements must be met prior to receiving funding.

Program Funding Levels

Each BMP has a funding limit; however, the total funding an applicant can receive is $50,000 under Growing Forward 2 Farm Stewardship Program (FSP). You may apply more than once provided the applications are for separate eligible projects and expenditures, and do not exceed the BMP or overall funding caps. Separate applications must be made for each eligible project, even if the projects are for the same BMP.

Related Applicants

The FSP provides funding caps to agriculture operations/businesses.  In order for a corporation, partnership or individual to qualify for separate caps under FSP, the corporation, partnership or individual must each qualify separately as eligible applicants  (each have $35,000 gross farm income, 320 acres of land in each name, and separate EFP's). All invoices must be in the name of the applicant or else funding caps may be combined. It is up to the applicant to show evidence of independent operations.

Applicants will be connected and share one program cap if they are spouses, relatives living at the same premises, partners in a partnership (unless the partner can independently meet eligibility requirements), or are a majority shareholder of their respective corporation/s.

In addition to these scenarios, applicants who use an Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) of a related entity will share one program cap. For example, if an individual has an EFP but wishes to apply in the corporate name, the individual's EFP may be used, however, one program cap will apply to both the individual and corporation despite percent ownership. 

For more information on related applicants and caps please contact Financial Programs Branch using the information provided at the bottom of the page. 

Payments and Claims  

  • Rebates under $100 are not eligible.
  • Individual invoices/expenditures must be at least $50 to be eligible.
  • Only one payment per project will be made.
    • Interim payments will be considered on a case by case basis for the Relocation of Livestock Confinement Facilities BMP.
    • To be eligible, new items or equipment MUST be purchased from a recognized dealer. Used and leased items or equipment are not eligible.
    • If funding is received from another government program for the same project, that funding may be deducted from your eligible payment under FSP.
    • Project invoices should be in the name of the Applicant.

Regulatory Requirements

Work in or near water may trigger requirements under The Environmental Management and Protection Act. You are responsible for obtaining and complying with an Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit (AHPP) from the Water Security Agency (WSA) prior to starting the project.  AHPPs cannot be issued retroactively.

Projects that alter the natural flow of water may require an Approval to Operate issued by the WSA.

Contact the WSA at 306-694-3900 for more information.

It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the project complies with all federal, provincial, and municipal regulations or approvals.  Please contact the appropriate regulatory agency to determine what regulatory approvals may be pertinent to your project.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve