How to lease agricultural Crown Land
Who can apply
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Actively manage and operate the farm operation;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have existing accounts with the Ministry in acceptable status; and
- Complete the required application form.
When you can apply
Crown land lease allocations are advertised annually in the fall:
- On the Ministry’s Web Site;
- In the Ministry’s publication, Agriview; and
- At the Ministry of Agriculture Regional offices.
- Lands Branch allocates land based on a scoring system. The applicant with the highest score will receive the lease.
Preference is given to applicants who:
- Are between the ages of 23 and 35 inclusive;
- Have a resource base that is between 50 per cent of average and average for the RM; and
- Have land that is close to the land for lease.
Rental rates on sellable cultivated and previously cultivated lands increased by 30 per cent over the formula rate on January 1, 2017. The rate increase does not apply to co-op, former federal (PFRA) or transitioned Saskatchewan Pastures Program pastures.