Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Pesticide Service Licence

Companies or individuals that conduct pesticide applications as part of their business (i.e conduct insect or rodent control in buildings or weed control outdoors around their customer's buildings), for hire or reward are required to hold a Pesticide Service Licence.

A Pesticide Service Licence ensures that businesses who are offering commercial pesticide application services are conducting their operations in a safe and responsible manner and that the applicators they employ are knowledgeable in the application of the pesticides they are applying for that business.

To qualify for a Pesticide Service Licence, an individual or company must:

  • Employ at least one certified Pesticide Applicator. The type of service will be limited to those which the applicator is certified;
  • Be responsible for activities and actions of their employees in the safe handling, storage and transportation of the pesticides;
  • Ensure that his or her employees are licensed pursuant to the Pest Control Products (Saskatchewan) Act and Regulation, have completed an approved training course and have the appropriate Pesticide Applicator Licence;
  • Submit with the application the following information:
    • the applicant's name and address.
    • the location of each outlet where the applicant proposes to conduct business.
    • a description of the services the applicant proposes to provide.
    • the name of all applicators who will be working for the applicant;
    • if the applicant proposes to offer an aerial pesticide applicator service, a certificate of insurance covering pesticide drift liability in an amount that will provide at least $100,000 coverage per occurrence is required;
    • Provide his or her employees with information on procedures of applying, handling, storing and transporting pesticides in a safe manner;
    • Calibrate and maintain application equipment in good working order;
    • Maintain records of each pesticide application;
    • Manage mixing and loading sites to prevent a spill; and
    • Have emergency response equipment and information available at all locations where pesticide application activities occur.

Every holder of a Pesticide Service Licence must retain all records of each pesticide application for a period of not less than three years from the date of the application.

A government, government agency or local authority may carry on the business of offering or providing a service in which a pesticide is used or applied without holding a pesticide service licence.

If a government, government agency or local authority contracts an independent third party to provide a pesticide application service then a Pesticide Service Licence is required by the third party.

Pesticide Service Licences are not transferable and are issued to an individual or company as named on the application form.

The annual fee for a Pesticide Service Licence is $100. The term of the licence is one year from January 1 to December 31 each year.

Licensing Requirements

The Pest Control Products (Saskatchewan) Act and Regulations 2015 state in part that:

  • No person shall carry on a business involving the use or application of pesticides without holding a valid pesticide service licence issued by the Minister.
  • This does not apply to any the following:
    • any person who uses or applies pesticides on land or in premises that the person owns or rents;
    • a government or government agency; or
    • a local authority, which is a city, town, village, resort village, hamlet, and a rural municipality.
  • An applicant for a licence must be 18 years of age or older.
  • A pesticide service licence is valid until December 31 following the date of issue unless suspended or cancelled pursuant to the Act or Regulations.
  • A licence is issued to the person named on the application form and is not transferable.
  • Every holder of a pesticide service licence shall keep records of each operation involving pesticide use or application.
  • Every holder of a pesticide service licence, must submit the names of all licensed applicators that work for the applicant.
  • Every holder of a pesticide service licence shall provide employees with approved information on procedures for applying, handling, storing and transporting pesticides in a safe manner.
  • Every holder of a pesticide service licence is responsible for the actions of his or her employees in the safe handling, storage and transportation of pesticides.
  • Drift insurance providing coverage of at least $100,000 for each incident is required for every holder of a pesticide service licence offering aerial pesticide application.

How to obtain a licence

  • To obtain a licence, the applicant must complete a Pesticide Service Licence application form.
  • An annual fee of $100 must accompany your application or renewal.
  • Applicants offering an aerial pesticide service must submit a certificate of insurance covering drift and each time that the insurance is issued or renewed provide the ministry with a copy.
  • Licence renewal forms are mailed prior to the expiry date.

Download the Pesticide Service Licence Application Form

Licence applications must be sent to:

Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
Crops and Irrigation Branch
125 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina, Saskatchewan S4S 0B1

Or by email to:
requesting to pay by credit card

For further information, call 306-787-4662.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve