The Producer Assurance Rebate Program provides apiarists with a rebate for approved eligible equipment expenses that improve biosecurity practices. Eligible applicants must meet the program criteria below.
You are eligible to apply for a rebate if:
- You are a Saskatchewan apiarist;
- You are 18 years of age;
- You must file income tax in Saskatchewan demonstrating a minimum of $15,000 in gross farm income in the year of the application to the program;
- You have a Saskatchewan Premises Identification number;
- You have completed the Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission Biosecurity training; and
- You have completed an on-site self-assessment and it has been validated by the Provincial Apiculturist.
Funding is available for approved eligible equipment to a maximum program payment of $15,000 per operation.
- Approved eligible costs are funded at 50 per cent to a maximum program payment of $15,000.
Program payments are subject to a minimum rebate of $250.
Information on the Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission Biosecurity training is available by contacting the Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission.
On-site Self-Assessment and Equipment Report Validation
The producer completes an on-site self-assessment using the Biosecurity Equipment Recommendation Report. Once completed, the report is provided to the Provincial Apiculturist for validation. The Provincial Apiculturist reviews and validates the report and a copy is returned to the producer.
Download the Biosecurity Equipment Recommendation Report
Before you apply
- Complete the Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission Biosecurity training.
- Complete an on-site self-assessment using the Biosecurity Equipment Recommendation Report and have it validated by the Provincial Apiculturist.
Items below are rebated at 50 per cent of actual cost to the maximums where indicated. Items must be identified on the Biosecurity Equipment Recommendation Report validated by the Provincial Apiculturist to be considered for funding.
Note: All equipment purchases must be made after the date of the assessment to be eligible for rebate.
Eligible items include:
- Paraffin dipping equipment to treat and sanitize wood beekeeping equipment;
- Wax melters (old/diseased comb removal):
- American foulbrood (AFB) and European foulbrood (EFB) testing kits;
- Refrigeration units for wax moths and small hive beetle control;
- Microscope and equipment for detecting Nosema and other diseases:
- Must include magnification of 40X, 100X and 400X; and
- Mobile 3000 psi or greater pressure washer:
- Hot water or bleach sprayer including hoses and nozzles.
- Ineligible expenses include:
- Expenditures prior to date of the Equipment Recommendation Report and program launch of November 2, 2018;
- Applicant, employee or third-party salaries or labour and installation costs or administration costs;
- Basic repair and maintenance or ongoing expenses;
- Purchase of buildings or construction of new buildings, additions, or building modifications;
- Cost for use of own equipment, tools, or in-kind materials;
- Fabricated items or equipment not purchased from a recognized dealer;
- Leased, used or self-made equipment, including any equipment bought at auction;
- Extended warranty or insurance costs;
- Financing, interest, legal fees or taxes;
- Plumbing and electrical expenses;
- Shipping, freight or brokerage fees; and
- Equipment not identified on the Equipment Recommendation Report such as: windbreaks, concrete, water bowls or water appliances.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
All claims must be received by December 31, 2022.
Download the Assurance System Producer Rebate Program application form
Note: It is recommended this application form be saved to your computer before entering in the information.
Completed applications can be submitted by email to Programs Branch or by mail to:
Ministry of Agriculture, Programs Branch
329 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina SK S4S 0B1