Applicants must meet all regulatory requirements for water development projects. If all required approvals are not obtained the project will be ineligible for funding.
Approvals may include:
- Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit (AHPP) from the Water Security Agency prior to commencing the project if the work will occur in or near water bodies.
- Saskatchewan Water Security Agency Groundwater and/or Surface Water Approval. A Water Rights License from the Water Security Agency is required for:
- Water development projects where annual usage exceeds 5,000 cubic metres (1.1 million gallons).
- Pipeline projects where the point of diversion (water source) or point of use (water distribution) is not on land owned or controlled by the applicant.
- Approval from the rural municipality if a pipeline crosses road allowances.
- Written authorization from the land owner if project is constructed on land not owned by the applicant.
- Any other standards or approvals as required by law.
For environmentally sensitive land, authorization and consent is required when the project is located on land, or is crossing land, with the following designations:
Any Crown lease lands designated under The Wildlife Habitat Protection Act (WHPA) require project approval prior to commencing work. Please contact your local Ministry of Agriculture Lands Branch representative for more information.
Any private lands with a Crown Conservation Easement (CCE) registered on title require project approval prior to commencing work. Please contact the Ministry of Environment at 1-800-567-4224 for more information.
Any lands designated as critical habitat under the Species at Risk Act for a listed species at risk require project approval prior to commencing work. Please contact the Executive Director of South of the Divide Conservation Area Program (SODCAP) at email@example.com or 306-530-1385 for more information.
It is the responsibility of the producer to determine if a project is located in an environmentally sensitive area. The online mapping tool is available to assist producers in recognizing if their project(s) is/are located in these areas.