This program supports local demonstration projects thereby providing Saskatchewan producers and ranchers the opportunity to evaluate new practices and technologies under local conditions.
Project evaluation criteria include:
- Relevance of the project at the local level;
- Producer involvement;
- Potential impact and probability of adoption;
- Project promotion plan; and
- Ability of the applicant to complete the project.
Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis. Each producer group will be eligible for funding of up to $10,000 per site per project to a maximum of $75,000 per year.
Generally, funding will be awarded for projects with the duration of one year. Exceptions will be considered for demonstrations that require more than one year to complete, such as biennial or perennial
Eligible costs include:
The following costs are not eligible:
- all direct project costs
- administration costs up to five per cent
- field day costs to a maximum of $1,000 (if part of funded demonstration project)
In-depth research projects such as those that would be eligible for funding under the Agriculture Development Fund will not be considered eligible under the ADOPT program.
- any capital purchase over $300
- honorarium for staff or producer members