During an event like Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), the role of public health is to limit the spread of an illness through surveillance, containment and education.
Variants of concern (VOC) are beginning to rise across Saskatchewan, particularly in the Regina, Moose Jaw, Estevan, Weyburn, Yorkton and Saskatoon areas. Residents in the entire province are urged to adhere to best personal protective measures and public health measures.
Current public health measures:
Public health measures expanded for Regina and Area (Province-wide measures found below):
These additional measures apply to the city of Regina and area including: Belle Plaine, Pense, Grand Coulee, Lumsden Beach, Regina Beach, Craven, Lumsden, Edenwold, Pilot Butte, White City, Balgonie, Kronau, Davin, Gray, Riceton, RM of Lajord, RM of Edenwold, RM of Sherwood, RM of Pense and the RM of Lumsden.
- Regina and Area Travel Advisory
- A travel advisory is being issued for Regina and area communities. Travel is not recommended in or out of the Regina area unless absolutely necessary.
- Regina and Area Work From Home Recommendation
- It is strongly recommended that all individuals in the Regina area able to work from home do so.
- Regina and Area Restaurants, licensed establishments and event venues
- Until May 17, all restaurants and licensed establishments must close for in-person dining. Take-out and delivery is permitted. Video lottery terminals (VLTs) will also be closed in these locations.
- The following venues are closed: banquet and conference facilities, community halls, galleries, museums, libraries, live and movie theatres, performing arts facilities, bowling alleys, car shows, racing and rodeo facilities, arcades, trade shows, science centres and auctions (livestock sales are permitted).
- Mandatory masking province-wide in indoor public spaces
- All private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to a household only.
- All indoor gatherings are restricted to immediate household members only.
- Caregivers, support personnel and tradespersons who are not a member of the household and not included when determine the maximum number of people allowed.
- Outdoor gatherings limited to maximum 10 people (People in attendance must ensure that physical distancing of at least two metres between households is maintained).
- Visits to long-term care and personal care homes according to vaccination rates and guidance of local public health officials. Information available at SHA Service Alerts.
- Entertainment transportation no longer permitted.
All restaurants and licensed establishments (bars, taverns, nightclubs)
- See above for restaurant and licensed establishment restrictions in place for Regina and area.
- No alcohol sales after 10 p.m. in licensed establishments
- Limited to seat four at a single table
- If there are impermeable barriers between the tables, tables must be placed two metres apart. If there are no impermeable barriers between tables, there must be a three metre distance between all tables.
- Restaurants and licensed establishments must maintain guest/reservation information on all patrons.
- Review the Restaurants and Licensed Establishments Guidelines.
Performance and Gaming Venues
- Casinos and bingo halls must close; VLTs in facilities outside of casinos and bingo halls are permitted.
- Personal care services must reduce customer occupancy by 50 per cent.
- Capacity will be restricted to 30 people at all arenas, live theatres, movie theatres, performing arts venues and any other facilities.
- Where any of these facilities offer food or beverage service, they must keep the activity separate (i.e. cordoned off) from the food and beverage service. No food or drink may be in the activity area.
Indoor Public Event Gatherings:
- See above for event venue restrictions in place for Regina and area.
- Indoor public banquets, conferences, wedding and funeral receptions in public venues will be limited to 30 people. Food or beverages may not be present or served.
Sport, Fitness and Dance
- All team/group sports, activities, games, competitions, recitals, practices, etc. are suspended, including amateur and recreational leagues for all age groups. Examples include hockey, curling, racquet sports, cheerleading, dance practices in group setting, etc.
- Athletes and dancers 18 years of age and under may continue practicing, conditioning and skills training in groups of eight or fewer, abiding by the required mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants at all times.
- Individual groups of eight must remain in their own group throughout the training or rehearsal.
- Coaches /trainers are not included in the training group numbers as long as they are masked and maintain a minimum physical distance of three metres.
- Fitness activities and group fitness classes in groups of eight or fewer continues to be permitted, for all ages. Mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants must be maintained.
- Review the Sports and Activities Guidelines.
Places of Worship
Mandatory Masking Expanded
Malls and Retail
- Retail services (essential and non-essential) must reduce their capacity to 50 per cent as prescribed in the public health order. Large big box retailers, as defined in the public health order, must reduce to 25 per cent of capacity.
- Retail businesses must enhance the expectation of mask use and mitigation measures (reduced traffic, directional flow signage, hand sanitizer, etc.) through signage and staff training.;
- Review the Clothing and Retail Guidelines.
Review current Public Health Orders.