The Adopt-A-Highway Program is a way to help beautify Saskatchewan by picking up litter and trash along the highway.
Individuals or groups who exhibit the willingness to perform the responsibilities of the program can participate. Safety is always the primary concern and all permits will be valid for one year.
Requirements and responsibilities
- Appoint or select a representative on behalf of the group.
- Obey and abide the guidelines, safety requirements, minimum age requirements, and other terms and conditions established by the Ministry.
- Pick up litter a minimum of once a year. The permit holder may choose to pick as often as necessary to maintain a clean right-of-way.
- Ensure the ministry is notified prior to the start of each cleanup and notified as to the completion of the clean-up.
- Ensure there is compliance with all requirements of the permit.
A request to participate may be denied, if the section of highway has been granted to others of creates a safety hazard.