The Saskatchewan Savings Bond program has been discontinued. Saskatchewan Savings Bond T5s were issued annually on July 15 when interest was paid.
Special Notice Regarding Matured Series 16-18 Bonds:
Series 16-18 bonds were redeemed by way of a payment from the Province to the bondholder. Bondholders should not present their certificates to a financial institution for redemption, as the certificates have no cash value.
Maturity Dates of Saskatchewan Savings Bonds
All series of Saskatchewan Savings Bonds have matured.
Saskatchewan Savings Bonds do not earn interest after their maturity date. The last interest payment and maturity dates for Series 1 to 18 were:
- July 15, 1997 for Series 1;
- July 15, 1998 for Series 2;
- July 15, 1999 for Series 3;
- July 15, 2000 for Series 4;
- July 15, 2001 for Series 5;
- July 15, 2002 for Series 6;
- July 15, 2003 for Series 7;
- July 15, 2004 for Series 8;
- July 15, 2005 for Series 9;
- July 15, 2006 for Series 10;
- July 15, 2007 for Series 11;
- July 15, 2008 for Series 12;
- July 15, 2009 for Series 13;
- July 15, 2010 for Series 14;
- July 15, 2011 for Series 15;
- July 15, 2012 for Series 16;
- July 15, 2013 for Series 17; and
- July 15, 2014 for Series 18.
Owners of Series 1-15 matured bonds should take them to a Saskatchewan financial institution to receive payment for the principal amount of the bond(s). Series 16-18 bonds were redeemed by way of a payment from the Province to the bondholder.
Redeeming your Saskatchewan Savings Bonds
To redeem matured Saskatchewan Savings Bonds (Series 1-15), the bondholder(s) must present the bond intact (top and bottom portion) to their financial institution.
Series 16, Series 17 and Series 18 bonds matured on July 15, 2012, July 15, 2013 and July 15, 2014 respectively. These bonds were redeemed by means of direct payment to each bondholder.
Stale dated cheques
Stale dated cheques will be replaced at no charge. The stale dated cheque, accompanied by a request for a replacement cheque, should be forwarded to the Ministry of Finance at:
Saskatchewan Savings Bonds
c/o Registrar of Securities
6th Floor - 2350 Albert Street
REGINA SK S4P 4A6