Buy a hunting, angling or trapping licence through HAL — the government’s hunting, angling and trapping licence system.
HAL lets you buy online 24/7 at your convenience. You can still buy licences at issuers or by phone.
Fur licences are available to Saskatchewan residents only.
A Saskatchewan resident is a:
- Canadian resident whose principal residence is in Saskatchewan, who has been living in the province for three months prior to applying for a licence and possesses a valid Saskatchewan Health Services Card.
- member of the regular force of the Canadian Armed Forces or RCMP who is stationed and residing in the province; or
- member of the regular force of the Canadian Armed Forces who was a Saskatchewan resident when recruited or deployed from the province.
All Saskatchewan residents must ensure their name is recorded exactly as it appears on their valid Health Services Card when creating a HAL account. Health services numbers will not be recorded.
Members of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP can use their regimental numbers when establishing their HAL account.
All trappers must have a Wildlife Habitat Certificate to validate their fur licence(s).
- Youth (ages 12 to 18) and Fur Conservation Area (FCA) fur licences are only available at Ministry of Environment field offices.
- A fur licence for the Northern Conservation Area can only be purchased by members of an existing northern fur block.
- Youth (ages 12 to 18) must specify whether their fur licence is for the Southern Fur Conservation Area only, Northern fur Conservation Area (must be a member of an existing northern fur block) or both conservation areas.
- Youth under the age of 16 cannot use a firearm while trapping.
- First-time trappers must successfully complete a recognized humane trapper education course or pass an equivalency test available from Ministry of Environment offices.
People born after January 1, 1971, must graduate from a recognized firearm safety/hunter education course in order to hold or apply for a Saskatchewan game or fur licence. Individuals may be asked to present proof of training when purchasing or applying for a licence or upon a compliance check by conservation officers.
- You can contact the Saskatchewan Association of Firearm Education (SAFE) to check your status or to obtain documentation of successful completion (306-352-6730 or saskhuntered.ca).
- If you have received your training outside of Canada or the United States, contact the SAFE or a ministry office to confirm that the training is recognized in Saskatchewan.
It is a violation to:
- Use more than one HAL ID number for the purpose of obtaining or applying for a licence.
- Hold or apply for a licence while suspended.
How To Apply
Licences are available:
- At a Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment or select provincial park office;
South Saskatchewan Fur Licences are also available:
- Through your HAL web account any time; or
- Order by phone using a credit card at 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Please allow 10 business days for delivery.
Licence purchases can be made by accessing your existing account using your HAL identification number of your previously registered secondary identification number. Do not create a second account. For assistance with your account, call 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
Remember — your HAL ID is a one-time, permanent and personal number.
Buy A Licence
Purchase a Licence
If you need help with your account, or have additional questions about buying a licence, call 1-855-848-4773 between 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.