Updated information on available hunts, tentative quotas, and season dates will be available in the new 2017 Saskatchewan Resident Big Game Draw Supplement, which will be available on the website by May 1, 2017.
Applications for the Saskatchewan resident big game draw will be accepted from May 1 to May 25, 2017
A HAL account is required for all hunters applying for the big game draw. If you are applying with a group, please be aware that each group member’s HAL number and date of birth must be entered onto the application.
Through your HAL account, you will be able to:
- Review your pool status;
- Review and update submitted applications;
- Look up draw results; and
- Purchase draw licences through your HAL account.
Only Saskatchewan residents can apply for the Saskatchewan big game draw. A Saskatchewan resident is:
- A Canadian resident whose principal residence is in Saskatchewan and has been living in the province for three months prior to applying for a licence and possesses a valid health services card;
- A member of the regular force of the Canadian Armed Forces who is stationed and residing in the province; or
- A member of the regular force of the Canadian Armed forces who was a Saskatchewan resident when recruited or deployed from the province.
Applicants must be 12 years of age or older at the time of application. All applicants born after January 1, 1971 must graduate from a Firearm Safety/Hunter Education (saskhuntered.ca) course before applying. Persons whose hunting rights are restricted for either a Wildlife Act conviction or a firearm incident are not eligible to submit an application to the big game draw (including WMZ 99).
Hunters 12 to 15 years of age can apply for the youth draw for antlerless mule deer by selecting "Youth Draw" in the draw menu. This process provides a greater opportunity for young hunters to be selected. A youth may apply for both “Antlerless Mule Deer” and the “Youth Draw” by using separate applications.
An applicant cannot be drawn for both antlerless mule deer and the youth draw. If an applicant is initially drawn for both antlerless mule deer and the youth draw, preference is given to the antlerless mule deer draw and his/her “Youth Draw” application will be removed.
How To Apply
- You can submit your big game draw application through your HAL account.
- You can also review the details and status of submitted applications, review your pool status, look up draw results and make changes to your application any time before the application deadline.
- Before applying, ensure you have reviewed the Saskatchewan Resident Big Game Draw Supplement for available hunts, correct hunt designations, bag limits and season dates.
- Keep in mind that the HAL number and date of birth will also need to be entered for each group member added to your application.
If you are drawn, you can purchase your licence beginning August 1:
- Through your HAL web account anytime;
- At any Saskatchewan hunting licence issuer;
- At a Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment or select provincial park office; or
- Order by phone using a credit card at 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Please allow 10 business days for delivery.
Big Game Draw Being Reviewed
Due to a significant increase in big game draw applicants in recent years, the ministry will undergo a review of the big game draw priority pool structure. The ministry is working with representatives from various stakeholder groups to review options, and will consider modifications for future draws.
Sign in to HAL