All Big Game Draw results, including pronghorn, are now available.
The status of your application can be reviewed through your HAL web account. Email notifications have been sent to group leaders with valid email addresses. However, successful delivery of notification emails cannot be guaranteed and all applicants are advised to review their draw results through their HAL account.
If you are drawn, you can purchase your licence beginning August 1.
A HAL account is required for all hunters applying for the big game draw. If you are applying with a group, please be aware that each group member’s HAL number and date of birth must be entered onto the application.
Through your HAL account, you will be able to:
- Review your pool status;
- Review and update submitted applications;
- Look up draw results; and
- Purchase draw licences through your HAL account.
Only Saskatchewan residents can apply for the Saskatchewan big game draw. A Saskatchewan resident is:
- A Canadian resident whose principal residence is in Saskatchewan and has been living in the province for three months prior to applying for a licence and possesses a valid health services card;
- A member of the regular force of the Canadian Armed Forces or RCMP who is stationed and residing in the province; or
- A member of the regular force of the Canadian Armed forces who was a Saskatchewan resident when recruited or deployed from the province.
Applicants must be 12 years of age or older on or before June 2, 2015 to apply for a licence. All applicants born after January 1, 1971 must graduate from a Firearm Safety/Hunter Education (saskhuntered.ca) course before applying. Persons whose hunting rights are restricted for either a Wildlife Act conviction or a firearm incident are not eligible to submit an application to the big game draw (including WMZ 99).
Hunters 12 to 15 years of age can apply for the youth draw for antlerless mule deer by selecting "Youth Draw" in the draw menu. This process provides a greater opportunity for young hunters to be selected. A youth may apply for both “Antlerless Mule Deer” and the “Youth Draw” by using separate applications.
An applicant cannot be drawn for both antlerless mule deer and the youth draw. If an applicant is initially drawn for both antlerless mule deer and the youth draw, preference is given to the antlerless mule deer draw and his/her “Youth Draw” application will be removed.
How To Apply
- You can submit your big game draw application through your HAL account.
- You can also review the details and status of submitted applications, review your pool status, look up draw results and make changes to your application any time before the application deadline.
- Before applying, ensure you have reviewed the Saskatchewan Resident Big Game Draw Supplement for available hunts, correct hunt designations, bag limits and season dates.
- Keep in mind that the HAL number and date of birth will also need to be entered for each group member added to your application.
If you are drawn, you can purchase your licence beginning August 1:
- Through your HAL web account anytime;
- At any Saskatchewan hunting licence issuer;
- At a Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment or select provincial park office; or
- Order by phone using a credit card at 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Please allow 10 business days for delivery.
Sign in to HAL