The Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw is now closed - no further applications will be accepted.
Results will be available in mid-June. The status of your application can be reviewed through your HAL web account. Once the draws are complete, email notifications will also be sent to group leaders with valid email addresses. However, successful delivery of notification emails cannot be guaranteed and all applicants are advised to review their draw results through their HAL account.
If you are drawn, you can purchase your licence beginning August 1.
A HAL account is required for all hunters applying for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw. If you are applying with a group, please be aware that each group member’s HAL number and date of birth must be entered onto the application.
Through your HAL account, you will be able to:
- Review your pool status;
- Review and update submitted applications;
- Look up draw results; and
- Purchase draw licences through your HAL account.
All Canadian residents can apply for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw. A Canadian resident is:
- A person other than a Saskatchewan resident whose principal residence is in Canada and is a Canadian citizen, or has resided in Canada for 12 months immediately before his/her application for a licence.
Applicants must be 12 years of age or older on or before June 2, 2015 to apply for a licence.
All applicants born after January 1, 1971 must graduate from a Firearm Safety/Hunter Education course before applying. Persons whose hunting rights are restricted due to a Saskatchewan Wildlife Act conviction or a firearm accident are not eligible to submit an application.
How To Apply
- You can submit your application for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw through your HAL account.
- You can also review the details and status of submitted applications, look up draw results and make changes to your application any time before the application deadline.
- Before applying, ensure you have reviewed the Canadian Resident White-tailed Deer Draw Supplement for available hunts, correct hunt designations, bag limits and season dates. The Supplement is also available in French.
- Keep in mind that the HAL number and date of birth will also need to be entered for each group member and family sponsor added to your application.
If you are drawn, you can purchase your licence beginning August 1:
- Through your HAL web account anytime;
- At any Saskatchewan hunting licence issuer;
- At a Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment or select provincial park office; or
- Order by phone using a credit card at 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Please allow 10 business days for delivery.
Sign in to HAL