Apply early to ensure your application is submitted successfully. Also make sure you review the 2017 Canadian Resident White-tailed Deer Draw Supplement for updated information on available hunts, tentative quotas, season dates and other important information.
The Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw applications will be accepted from May 1 to May 25, 2017.
A HAL account is required for all hunters applying for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw. If you are applying with a group, please be aware that each group member’s HAL number and date of birth must be entered onto the application.
Through your HAL account, you will be able to:
- Review your pool status;
- Review and update submitted applications;
- Look up draw results; and
- Purchase draw licences through your HAL account.
All Canadian residents can apply for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw. A Canadian resident is:
- A person other than a Saskatchewan resident whose principal residence is in Canada and is a Canadian citizen, or has resided in Canada for 12 months immediately before his/her application for a licence.
Applicants must be 12 years of age or older to apply for a licence.
All applicants born after January 1, 1971 must graduate from a Firearm Safety/Hunter Education course before applying. Persons whose hunting rights are restricted due to a Saskatchewan Wildlife Act conviction or a firearm accident are not eligible to submit an application.
How To Apply
- You must submit your application for the Canadian resident white-tailed deer draw through your HAL account.
- You can also review the details and status of submitted applications, look up draw results and make changes to your application any time before the application deadline.
- Before applying, ensure you have reviewed the Canadian Resident White-tailed Deer Draw Supplement for available hunts, correct hunt designations, bag limits and season dates.
- Keep in mind that the HAL number and date of birth will also need to be entered for each group member and family sponsor added to your application.
If you are drawn, you can purchase your licence beginning August 1:
- Through your HAL account anytime;
- At any Saskatchewan hunting licence issuer;
- At a Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment or select provincial park office; or
- Order by phone using a credit card at 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Please allow 10 business days for delivery.
Sign in to HAL