A Nomination Certificate is valid for six months. An amendment to a Nomination Certificate includes a time extension and/or a revision. If you'd like to amend your Nomination Certificate:
- You must submit a Request for Revision and/or Extension Form to the SINP. The request must come from you or your authorized representative.
- We'll review your request to determine whether there's enough documentation and/or reason to revise and/or extend your Nomination Certificate.
- We may consult with IRCC to determine what stage of assessment your application is in, and whether a change may be made at that time.
- Any changes to the conditions of a nomination will be communicated to IRCC.
Revisions and/or extensions will be valid for three months:
- One extension may be given for applicants having difficulty accumulating the funds needed for immigrating.
- A maximum of two extensions may be given for reasons not related to the accumulation of funds (e.g. if IRCC requests an extension or requires re-application, if there are delays in obtaining a police certificate, a change to employment status, technical delivery errors on the SINP's part, etc.).
- A revision may be made to information provided to IRCC on your Nomination Certificate. This could happen if there's a change in employment or passports, or if there's a request made by IRCC or the SINP.
- Revisions will not be made to the Nomination Certificate to add or remove a spouse (if married or divorced) or dependent children (if born after nomination).