Through the SINP Entrepreneur Program, you and your family can start, obtain or partner in a business in Saskatchewan and be actively involved in managing it.
We’re no longer accepting applications under the former Entrepreneur process. If you applied to the SINP before March 23, 2015, your application will be considered under that process. Send any questions you have about that process to email@example.com.
To be selected and approved for nomination in this category, you must have:
- A minimum net worth of $500,000 (CAD) that can be confirmed.
- Accumulated your net worth legally. We should be able to confirm this as well.
- At least three years’ experience as an entrepreneur or managing a business.
Once you’re approved by the SINP – Entrepreneur Category, you’ll need to earn a permanent residency nomination by:
- At least $300,000 (CAD) in Regina and Saskatoon; or
- At least $200,000 (CAD) in other communities in Saskatchewan.
- Establishing and actively managing the business you proposed in your Expression of Interest.
- Owning at least one third (33 1/3 per cent) of the equity of a business in Saskatchewan.
- This won’t apply to you if your total investment is $1 million (CAD) or higher.
- Actively taking part in daily managing and directing the business.
- Creating two job opportunities for Canadians or permanent residents in Saskatchewan who are not related to you.
- This will only apply if you’re starting a new business in Regina or Saskatoon.
The criteria can change at any time, but we’ll use what was on this website when we received your complete application.
How to Apply
There are three steps to this process:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): In this first step, you’ll have to show your interest by providing information about your experience, assets and more. Your EOI will be scored and ranked using the points grid.
- Invitation to Submit an Application (ISA): Candidates with top scores in the EOI stage will be selected and invited to apply to the SINP.
- Nomination: Candidates can apply to be nominated by the SINP after they’ve met the required conditions.
Applicants whose Expressions of Interest are selected from the pool and are invited to apply for SINP nomination have to submit a non-refundable $2,500 (CAD) application processing fee. See the Application Guide for the Entrepreneur Category for details about the processing fee and payment instructions.
What You Need to Know about Using Immigration Representatives
You are not required to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP, but if you wish to do so, you must make sure they're licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information.
Net Worth Evaluation - Third Party Financial Service Providers
The SINP uses two professional third-party financial service providers to assess the net worth and legal accumulation of net worth of applicants to this category.
- When you receive an Invitation to Submit an Application (ISA), you’ll find an SINP file number included.
- Submit all relevant documents listed on the Third Party Document Checklist, with your file number to one of the third-party providers listed above. Your information won’t be reviewed without this file number.
- Make sure all your information (financial statements, property evaluations, bank account information, etc.) are up-to-date and correct. This will help speed up the evaluation process.
- Once your assessment is complete, you’ll receive an evaluation report from the service provider.
- To complete your application, submit the evaluation report and updated information to the SINP. Submit your application for nomination to the SINP and include your evaluation report and any updated information.
- Be sure to submit your application within 90 days of receiving your evaluation report.
Candidates approved under the Entrepreneur or Farm categories should contact the SINP to set up a meeting within sixty days of:
- Landing in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident; or
- Arriving on a Temporary Work Permit.
To setup a meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your subject line as "Landed Meeting Request”.
Application Guides and Forms
Find all the guides and forms you need for your application to the SINP- Entrepreneur Category.
For help with filling out the federal forms, watch the following videos: