Immigration Consultants and Foreign Worker Recruiters must be licensed under The Foreign Worker and Recruitment Services Act (FWRISA) before they can practice in Saskatchewan.
You may apply for one or both of the Immigration Consultant or Foreign Worker Recruiter Licences, as long as you meet the requirements.
To be eligible for an Immigration Consultant Licence in Saskatchewan, you will need to:
- Be a member of the ICCRC. Saskatchewan has adopted the ICCRC's Code of Professional Ethics in regulation 11(2) of the FWRISA. Breaches of the Code are subject to penalties under the FWRISA.
- Lawyers who are members of a provincial law society, e.g., the Law Society of Saskatchewan, can practice without a licence, and do not need to be members of the ICCRC.
- Provide an acceptable form of financial security. These funds can be used to reimburse foreign workers who incur fees or costs, in violation of the FWRISA.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the licence.
All immigration consultants must also be members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) before they can practice in Saskatchewan or serve clients in the province.
Exemption: Lawyers who are in good standing in a provincial or territorial law society in Canada do not need to be licensed or members of the ICCRC.
All lawyers who provide recruitment services must be licensed under the FWRISA.
The current list of Licensed Immigration Consultants identifies all the individuals who are authorized under the FWRISA Recruitment to provide immigration consulting services to foreign nationals coming to Saskatchewan. The list includes Licensees, individuals who have met all licensing requirements and posted $20,000 in financial security which can be used to compensate individuals who have incurred a financial loss as a result of a violation of the FWRISA by a recruiter or immigration consultant.
Foreign Worker Recruiters
To be eligible for a foreign worker recruiter licence in Saskatchewan, you will need to:
The current list of Licensed Foreign Worker Recruiters identifies all the individuals who are authorized under the FWRISA to provide foreign worker recruiting services to foreign nationals coming to Saskatchewan. The list includes Licensees, individuals have met all licensing requirements and posted $20,000 in financial security which can be used to compensate individuals who have incurred a financial loss as a result of a violation of the FWRISA by a recruiter or immigration consultant.
How to Apply
To make your application online, you'll need to:
- Create an account;
- Provide your ICCRC membership number and details, as applicable;
- Provide your personal and contact information;
- Agree to the full terms and conditions of the licence; and
- Provide information regarding your past history and your business as applicable.
The current list of Suspended Licenses identifies all the individuals who have been suspended under the FWRISA from providing immigration consulting and/or recruitment services. The list includes the names of the suspended licensees, business name, licence number, type of licence held, duration of the suspension, and the section of FWRISA that was breached.