Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Register to Recruit and Hire Foreign Workers in Saskatchewan

Employers from all types of business can use the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), to recruit foreign workers. 

Before you can hire foreign workers in Saskatchewan, all employers must register with the Saskatchewan Immigration Services and obtain a Certificate of Registration, as outlined under the The Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act (FWRISA).

Apply for a Certificate of Registration

Register online

Your application will be reviewed and you may be issued a Certificate of Registration.

Once you obtain your Certificate of Registration, you’ll be eligible to submit job positions to the SINP for approval, to support the permanent residency applications of your foreign workers or to access federal immigration programs that bring foreign workers to Canada.

Certificate Expiry and Renewal process:

A certificate of registration (COR) is valid for two years. Reminders will be sent to your authorized email when it is up for renewal. Similar to the process for new registrations, Employer Services may request additional information to update your account. Employers with COR must abide by the terms and conditions in FWRISA.

Access Your Existing SINP Online Account: Click on the "Register Online" button to submit a job approval request to support a foreign worker for application to the SINP.

Visit the SINP Online Application Guide for Saskatchewan Employers to learn how to use the online application system.

Determining Employer Eligibility

You must provide evidence that you are operating in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Province of Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan uses a variety of criteria to assess your eligibility, including your business operations and your ability to support the employment of foreign workers.

As an employer, you must also:

  • Provide a place of employment for a foreign worker that is zoned for commercial operations;
  • Actively operate as a business for no less than one year to be considered for approval by the SINP;
  • Be a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada;
  • Disclose third-party representatives providing assistance during the recruitment process; and
  • Provide any documentation requested by an SINP officer to support your application, which may include financial statements, Incorporation documents; Canada Revenue Agency documents, Business License, Lease/Rental agreements; Business Payroll records; Contractors Permits; and Letter of Good Standing with the Workers Compensation Board.

Employers with outstanding labour standards or occupational health and safety issues may not be eligible.  As well, employers with an unsatisfactory record of employment of foreign nationals may not be eligible to receive a Certificate of Registration.

Once registered, employers also need to apply to the appropriate provincial or federal program for approval of the specific job they intend to offer to a foreign national.

Obtain SINP Approval for the Position

The SINP Job Approval Letter is an authorization of eligibility for an employer to hire a foreign worker through the SINP. Once approved, the job approval letter must be included in the foreign worker’s application to the SINP.

Employers must submit an online application for a SINP Job Approval by following the steps outlined below:

  1. Submit a Job Approval Form for each type of position you intend to offer to a foreign worker.
  2. Provide a job description for the position, identifying the responsibilities and duties.
  3. Outline the education, skills, knowledge, abilities, language and salary required for the position.

The SINP will assess each Job Approval Form to determine if the position meets SINP criteria. All submitted positions must:

  • Meet the Regional Median Wage;
  • Meet the required National Occupation Classification (NOC) level for the applicable category (i.e. Skilled worker positions must fall into the high skilled (Level 0, A, or B) under the NOC system OR be a designated trade in Saskatchewan);
  • Meet full time permanent criteria (minimum of 30 hours/week); and
  • Have an intended residence and place of work that are within the geographic boundaries of Saskatchewan.

If the submitted position meets SINP criteria the position will be approved. Once it’s approved, the employer can add a candidate’s name to the position, creating a Candidate Specific Job Approval Letter which must be provided to the candidate.  

The Candidate Specific Job Approval Letter is valid for a period of six months.

Search Internationally

To search for foreign workers internationally:

  1. Consider and select the country (or countries) that you are interested in recruiting from. You can also use any of the following websites to post job vacancies:
    Canada Job Bank
  2. Advertise your vacancy and receive resumes, attend recruitment job fair events or travel to the country of choice to conduct interviews.
  3. Conduct interviews by webcam/skype or other appropriate methods to determine the qualifications and skills of the candidates you are considering.
  4. Select the candidate(s) you want to hire with the qualifications for the position.
  5. Create the SINP Candidate Profile from the SINP Approved Job Position to generate a second Job Approval Letter for the employee with their name on it. The Job Approval Letter is valid for six months. 
  6. Prepare the Letter of Job Offer.

It’s your responsibility as the employer to provide your employee with the following documents to include with their SINP application package:

  • The Candidate Specific Job Approval Letter 
  • The letter of Job Offer

A job offer letter will be required for each candidate for approved SINP positions. 

Prepare a Job Offer Letter

The Job Offer must:

  • Indicate that the position is a permanent, full time (minimum 30 hours/week) skilled position(s) in Saskatchewan (non-seasonal);
  • Meet prevailing Regional Median Wage standards;
  • Be made to persons who meet the required qualifications and licensing, and possess the skills, experience and language abilities for the position;
  • Not conflict with existing collective bargaining agreements or labour disputes;
  • Be addressed to the Principal Applicant and written on company letterhead;
  • Include the contact name, phone number, e-mail address and company mailing address of the employer;
  • Indicate the location, job title, main duties and responsibilities of the position being offered;
  • State that the applicant has the required qualifications and licensing if required, as well as the skills, experience and language abilities for the position;
  • Indicate the salary for the position being offered;
  • Describe any benefits that the principal applicant will receive (e.g., health, dental, short/long term disability, accommodation, etc.); and
  • The job title, main duties and wages on the letter of offer must match those identified in the SINP Job Approval Letter for the position.

Fees and Timelines

There are various fees and timelines associated with the recruiting and hiring of foreign workers – both of which can vary. Learn more about the fees and timelines you can expect when hiring a foreign worker.


As the employer, it’s your responsibility to cover the cost of recruiting  foreign workers. It’s also your decision how you want to recruit, as any costs associated with recruitment are your expense. 

All employers under the International Mobility Program must submit the offer of employment form and pay the employer compliance fee through the IRCC Employer Portal. IRCC will charge a fee to complete the process once your employer has been nominated for permanent residence. The employee is responsible for arranging payment of these fees.  

For more information on IRCC fees, visit Fee List.


Nomination through SINP

Complete SINP applications for nomination are assessed as quickly as possible. You can view the SINP Average Processing Time which is updated quarterly.

  • Once a candidate is nominated they’ll receive a Work Permit Support Letter along with their nomination. They can use this to apply for a temporary work permit to allow them to live and work in Saskatchewan while they wait for permanent residency.
  • If your candidate doesn’t require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada, or if they’re from the U.S., Greenland or St. Pierre and Miquelon, they may be eligible to apply for a work permit at the port of entry into Canada, most often the airport of first landing. 

Visit IRCC’s Find out if you need a visa page for visa-exempt countries. If your candidate is from a country that is not visitor visa-exempt, they’ll need to apply for a work permit before leaving their country of origin. Please account for the work permit processing time in your plans.

Permanent Residence through the Government of Canada

Once your worker is nominated through the SINP, your worker must then apply to IRCC for a permanent resident visa. Processing times at Canadian embassies abroad will vary.

IRCC’s process includes health, security, and criminal reviews. Additional information may also be requested, including International Language Testing System results.

Recruitment Tips

Recruiting International Workers

Target your search and recruitment procedures so that you get the best possible candidates applying for your employment opportunities. 

  • Gather feedback from employers in your area who have experience recruiting international workers.
  • Talk to recent immigrants to Saskatchewan who are working in your field.  
  • Contact officials from provincial and federal immigration programs. 
  • Contact immigrant service agencies to seek advice on your recruitment efforts and find out if there are eligible/interested workers currently in the province.
  • Advertise on international websites that connect employers with job seekers. 

It’s the employer’s responsibility to make sure the candidate hired has the qualifications, skills and abilities for the position. There are a number of resources available to help you in recruiting and hiring international workers. Choose the services that best meet your needs.

Using a Recruiter or Immigration Consultant

  • If you plan on using a recruiter or immigration consultant, you’re only allowed to use those licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan under the FWRISA.
  • There must be a signed contract between you and the recruiter listing all of the services to be provided, along with the corresponding fees.
  • If an immigration consultant is providing immigration services to a foreign worker and recruiting services to you as an employer, the consultant must be licensed as a recruiter and a consultant. In this situation, they must obtain written consent from the employer and the worker. The consultant must also enter separate contracts with the worker and employer, identifying all services and associated fees.

Only use Licensed Recruiters or Licensed Immigration Consultants. Otherwise, you may:

  • Incur penalties; or
  • Have your Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) application refused.

The list Suspended Licensees identifies all the individuals who have been suspended under the FWRISA from providing immigration consulting and/or recruitment services.

If your recruiter or immigration consultant isn’t listed, contact the Program Integrity and Legislation Unit by phone at 306-787-0006 or by email at

Interviewing and Selecting International Applicants

There are several resources to help you prepare to interview your international worker. The Employer’s Roadmap to Hiring and Retaining Internationally Trained Workers outlines the process of assessment and selection.

Assessing English Language Skills

It’s important to consider a potential employee’s language ability for the position you’re seeking to fill. There are free tools to help with an employee’s language skills, including assessments and programs that can help improve English for both the workplace and community.

Assessing Work Skills and International Credentials

It may be difficult to assess credentials granted in a foreign country, so they may need to be formally assessed. If the occupation is regulated, the regulatory body will assess the candidate’s qualifications and credentials.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve