Labour Market Services Delivery Locations
Labour Market Services delivery locations throughout the province provide career and employment services to Saskatchewan people in need of information on career and job opportunities, as well as training and education. The services focus on matching the skills of Saskatchewan workers with the skill needs of employers.
At our Labour Market Service delivery locations, you will find:
- Career information and tools to help match your skills, interests and goals with real job opportunities;
- Computer and Internet access to help you explore labour market trends, occupations in demand and current job openings;
- Information on training options and funding for training;
- University, technical institution and regional college calendars (electronic links and in print when available);
- Books, software and advice to help with resumes and cover letters;
- Access to computers, printers, fax and photocopier to support your job search;
- Free access to job postings and resumé posting services through Saskjobs.ca;
- Information about community programs and services to help you find a job and succeed in the workplace;
- Statistics, employment forecasts and reports on Saskatchewan's labour market; and
- Professional staff to assist you.
Services for Job Seekers
Our goal is to help you get the training you need to find meaningful, long-term work.
Here are some services we offer:
- Learn about your individual situation and determine next steps;
- Discuss options including training and educational programming that are a potential fit;
- Connect you to options to help with the associated costs of training;
- Inform you about the tools our offices have to help you in your search, such as computers, internet access, resources for job-searching, resumé-writing, interviewing, etc.;
- If you are on regular EI and wish to continue receiving regular EI benefits while attending training, please contact one of our offices for further information and to book an appointment;
- Provide you with general information about the federal Work-Sharing program to help you maintain work during a temporary slowdown; and
- Direct you to Saskjobs.ca, which provides free access to job postings and resumé-posting services.
Canada-Saskatchewan Rapid Response Teams
Canada-Saskatchewan Rapid Response Teams are a partnership between the Labour Standards Office (LSO), Labour Market Services (LMS), Saskatchewan Immigration and Service Canada.
Rapid Response Teams provide support services for businesses and workers affected by production slowdowns or layoffs.
Each team is assembled to address the particular needs of the employer and affected workers.
Rapid Response Teams offer individualized, targeted solutions to meet the unique needs of workers and job seekers. Rapid Response information may include:
- A description of the Employment Insurance process, what you need and what you need to know;
- Advice about re-training and advancing along your career path;
- Your rights and obligations under the Labour Standards Act;
- Career and employment services available in your community;
- Saskjobs.ca for free resumé searching and job posting services; and
- Special information for immigrant workers.
Individualized, targeted solutions are only a phone call away!