PTA Coordinators at your Training Centre are available to assist you in completing your PTA Application and to help you update your personal information. PTA Coordinators will ensure that you have included all the necessary information in your application so that you receive your allowance in a timely manner.
The amount of financial assistance you receive depends on your specific situation. For more information, please see the Provincial Training Allowance Learner Handbook.
You are eligible to apply for PTA if:
- You are a Saskatchewan resident (i.e. you are considered a Saskatchewan resident if you are registered with the Ministry of Health);
- You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or designated as a Protected Person;
- You are enrolled in an approved program at an approved training centre;
- You have financial need according to program criteria; and
- You are not in default on a previous PTA (i.e. you have repaid any past PTA overpayments).
How to Apply
Applications for PTA can be made by applying online or by mailing a paper application. The fastest and most convenient way to apply is through the online application.
Submit your application as soon as you are enrolled in your program. You are encouraged to apply online since the processing time for paper applications may take as long as four weeks.
There are two ways that you can apply for PTA:
1. PTA Online Application
The fastest and most convenient way to apply for PTA is through the online application.
2. PTA Printable Application
You may apply for PTA using printable application forms. The Provincial Training Allowance Instruction Guide will provide detailed information on how to complete your printable application. You are encouraged to apply online since the processing time for paper applications may take as long as four weeks.
Please remember that it is an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada to knowingly give false or misleading information on your application or other forms. All information you provide is subject to verification and audit.
To apply online for Provincial Training Allowance, you will need one of the following:
- Microsoft Windows with Internet Explorer 11, Internet Explorer Mobile, or Edge;
- Apple Safari 8 and above, Safari for Windows 5.1.7 and above, Safari Mobile 6 and above;
- Mozilla Firefox 27 and above;
- Google Chrome 33 and above; and
- Android 5.0 and above.
Before you apply, you will be required to log on to the Advanced Education Student Portal where you will establish your username and password which you can use each year.
Apply Online Now
Other Ways to Apply
Students who are unable to apply online may apply through the printable application package.
If you are applying with the paper application, please forward all documents and the completed application form to:
Student Services Centre
1120 - 2010 12th Avenue
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 0M3
Fax: (306) 787-0760
PTA Coordinators at your Training Centre are available to answer any questions you might have about PTA.
You may also contact the Student Service Centre for program and application information or the Ministry of the Economy for repayment or overpayment information.
Contact the Student Service Centre for application and assessment information
1120 – 2010 12th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 0M3
Phone: 1-800-597-8278 or 306-787-5620
Contact the Ministry of the Economy for information on over-payment and repayment options
1000 – 2103 11th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 3Z8