This is an income-tested program that helps residents with high drug costs in relation to their income. Eligible applicants will receive a deductible and/or a co-payment on their prescription drugs for each calendar year.
The Ministry of Health determines the eligibility for this program based on the income information provided in the application and the Ministry’s records.
Any individual or family may apply for this program. Families who receive the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS), Saskatchewan Income Plan (SIP) or Family Health Benefits may also apply for this program.
If your annual income or medication costs change during the coverage period, you may send a written request for a reassessment of coverage to the Ministry’s Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch, Special Support Program. You must include documentation of income changes.
For approved applicants, program coverage begins on the date the Drug Plan Branch receives your completed application.
- Families or individuals can apply to the program by completing the application form and providing income documentation. You can get an application form below, at community pharmacies, or by calling the Drug Plan Branch.
- Fill out Side A application form only if you grant consent the Ministry to access your income information through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). No annual application required.
- Fill out Side B application form only if you don’t wish the Ministry to access your income information through the CRA. You must submit an application every year under this option.
- Mail or fax your application to the Drug Plan's Special Support Program.
- You will receive a notification letter on the success of your application. The letter will include detailed information about the decision.