Transition Team Weekly Project Update
Weekly updates will be posted below about the Government's progress on transitioning from 12 existing Regional Health Authorities (RHAs) to a single Provincial Health Authority.
Week of June 19, 2017
- The transition team visited the Saskatoon Health Region on Tuesday, June 13 to learn more about its Cellular Model for some of the region’s corporate support services.
- The vision for the model is to:
- co-locate critical supports on or near units to create a multi-functional work group;
- better align skills and tasks to ensure the right person for the job is working on the right tasks; and,
- allow front-line care managers to focus more time on knowing and growing their people, understand their operations, and improve their processes on a daily basis.
- The transition team had a similar visit with representatives of the Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region (RQHR) in April to learn more about how the region’s primary health care networks operate.
- Both visits provided important opportunities to discuss best practices in more detail and consider potential alignment in the new Saskatchewan Health Authority.
- The first Physician Advisory Network meeting was held in Saskatoon on Wednesday, June 14.
- This network was established to provide advice, assistance and recommendations to the transition team regarding physician services and governance.
- The network is co-chaired by the transition team physician co-leads Dr. Bruce Murray and Dr. Kevin Wasko.
- Members reflect numerous specialties from across the province, at varying stages of their careers. It also has representation from Senior Medical Officers, the Saskatchewan Medical Association, the College of Medicine, the Professional Association of Interns and Residents of Saskatchewan, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan and the Medical Health Officers Council of Saskatchewan.
- A wide-ranging discussion on numerous topics was held, including:
- Experience of transition to single provincial health authorities in other jurisdictions, including Alberta, Nova Scotia and BC.
- Update on development of practitioner staff bylaws
- Historical overview of the role of Unified Heads
- Discussion of organizational design concepts
- The next meeting of the Physician Advisory Network is planned for mid-July.
- Planning work continues on the structure of the new Saskatchewan Health Authority. A series of consultation and planning sessions are being held to identify concepts for consideration. A design event is taking place June 19-23 that will be another input into this planning.
Previous weekly updates
June 12, 2017
June 5, 2017
May 29, 2017
May 22, 2017
May 15, 2017
May 8, 2017
May 1, 2017
April 24, 2017
April 17, 2017
April 10, 2017
April 3, 2017
March 27, 2017
March 20, 2017
March 13, 2017
March 6, 2017
February 27, 2017
February 20, 2017
February 13, 2017
February 6, 2017
January 27, 2017
January 20, 2017