Transition Team Weekly Project Update
Weekly updates will be posted below about the Government's progress on transitioning from 12 existing Regional Health Authorities (RHAs) to a single Provincial Health Authority.
Week of October 9, 2017
Senior Leadership Recruitment Process:
Following the Sept. 21 announcement of the organizational structure and recruitment plan for the Saskatchewan Health Authority senior leadership, the recruitment process has begun.
- Open competitions are underway for the bulk of available senior leadership positions, and a number of administrative positions - job postings are available at healthcareersinsask.ca and mygatewayonline.com.
- Updates will be provided as positions are filled.
Communications Work Streams:
Regional Health Authority (RHA) Communications teams across the province are working together to prepare for the first day of operations.
- As with all transition work, a phased approach is being planned, with a focus on identifying critical Communications needs that must be in place on the first day of operations.
- This phased approach means all new Saskatchewan Health Authority materials will be created with the new brand as of day one (December 4).
- At the same time, some current RHA-branded programs, services, print materials and online channels will continue to exist and be used for a period of time after the new Saskatchewan Health Authority launches. Those timelines and further direction on brand transition will be communicated in the weeks to come.
- This will ensure that local relationships and access to programs and services continues, and that full brand adoption occurs over time.
Among the key materials in development:
- an employee toolkit to provide answers to key questions and outline for staff what is changing on day one and what is not changing, including any IT changes and who to contact for support;
- a brand toolkit and visual identity guide to provide instructions for using the new Saskatchewan Health Authority logo, including timelines for when to stop using RHA logos;
- key templates (such as letterhead and stationary, graphics, posters, brochures and PowerPoint presentations);
- a media toolkit and key media relations contacts identified across the province;
- a simple Saskatchewan Health Authority website and intranet site (being developed in collaboration with eHealth) with links to current RHA sites that will remain in operation for a period of time after the first day of operations; and
- Saskatchewan Health Authority social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and a standardized social media policy.
SHA Logo Usage Guidelines:
Following the announcement of the official logo for the new Saskatchewan Health Authority, work is underway to create the appropriate visual identity guidelines and logo usage guidelines.
- Once completed, the guidelines and logo files will be provided to RHAs for use.
- In October, communication will occur to provide instructions on when to begin winding down the use of RHA logos and when the new Saskatchewan Health Authority logo should begin to be used.
- We anticipate the brand toolkit and guidelines will be finalized and shared in November.
- Until the guidelines are developed and shared in November, RHAs should not begin replacing current RHA logos with the new SHA logo.
Previous weekly updates
September 25, 2017
September 11, 2017
August 28, 2017
August 14, 2017
July 31, 2017
July 17, 2017
July 3, 2017
June 26, 2017
June 19, 2017
June 12, 2017
June 5, 2017
May 29, 2017
May 22, 2017
May 15, 2017
May 8, 2017
May 1, 2017
April 24, 2017
April 17, 2017
April 10, 2017
April 3, 2017
March 27, 2017
March 20, 2017
March 13, 2017
March 6, 2017
February 27, 2017
February 20, 2017
February 13, 2017
February 6, 2017
January 27, 2017
January 20, 2017