For people with more severe substance use problems, treatment often begins in a detoxification facility. Staff at these facilities work to provide a safe and comfortable environment in which the person is able to undergo the process of alcohol and other drug withdrawal and stabilization.
Typically, detoxification lasts seven to 10 days. During this time, clients return to normal daily living routines, participate in activities held at the facility, and are linked with resources in the community including self-help groups.
Detoxification Services are offered at the following centres:
- La Ronge - (La Ronge Health Centre)
- Lloydminster - (Slim Thorpe)
- Meadow Lake - (Robert Simmard Centre)
- Moose Jaw - (Wakamow Manor)
- Prince Albert - (Adult Brief and Social Detox)
- Regina - (Addiction Treatment Centre)
- Regina - (Secure Youth Detox Centre)
- Saskatoon - (Adult Brief/Social Detox)
- Saskatoon - (Youth Stabilization, Calder Centre)