To be eligible, a candidate must be:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution anywhere in Canada; and
- A returning soldier who actively served in designated military operations in the Canadian Forces (Regular or Reserves), after January 2001; and
- A returning soldier who is a current or former Saskatchewan resident; or
- The spouse or child of a permanently disabled or deceased soldier* who served in designated military operations after January 2001 and who is or was a Saskatchewan resident.
* The permanent disability or death must have occurred while on a designated military operation or as a result of a designated military operation.
Scholarship awards are initiated by the candidate’s application. Returning soldiers and their family (spouse and children) all may apply for the scholarship at the same time.