Support is available to students who speak languages other than English and who need to learn English as an Additional Language (EAL) at school.
The ministry works with education professionals in school divisions, universities and community organizations to provide services that include:
- procedures and protocols that support students with EAL needs;
- best practices for teaching, learning and assessment of students who are learning English;
- capacity-building for educators, administrators and school divisions;
- information-sharing to engage multilingual families in the education of their children; an
- guidelines to support newcomer families with transitions into the Saskatchewan education system.
EAL support information and documents