When you work on an item in Sitecore, you must lock the item to prevent other users from editing the same item at the same time. When you're finished editing the item, you must unlock the item to make it available to others users and to have it published to the site.
You need to lock an item before you can edit.
Lock an item
- In the Content Editor, navigate to the page or item you want to edit.
- On the Home tab, click Edit to lock the item; or
- In the Content area, click Lock and Edit inside the yellow bar.
In the Content Editor, in the content tree, you can use the Quick actions to see a quick overview of the items that you have locked. Right-click left of the content tree and select My Locked Items.
Unlock an Item
If you have locked and edited numerous items, you can lose track of them. Sitecore keeps track of all the items that are locked. In this way, you can easily lock one or more items at the same time.
In the Content Editor, on the Review tab, in the Locks group, click My Items.
- In the My Items dialog box, select the items that you want to unlock and click Unlock.
- To unlock all items at the same time, click Unlock All.