Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Web Browser Standards

The Government of Saskatchewan’s preferred method for the delivery of online services and content is through the web browser.

Our priorities in how this policy is applied reflect the following needs of GoS and citizen:

  • Provide broad-based accessibility and actively remove barriers that can exclude or impede access i.e. avoiding use of proprietary plugins.

  • Technology requirements should support efficiency of program operation i.e. using the browser to deliver services rather than developing platform-specific apps.

  • Leverage existing standard or tools to improve the quality or increase the speed of delivery i.e. the use of the Bootstrap framework to provide display templates

  • Act in a responsive manner to the needs of citizens i.e. revising an online application that is performing below usability standard.

As consumer browser adoption is constantly changing as is the compliance of browsers with current standards and conventions, this policy will evolve as needs dictate.

Testing

We strongly recommend testing primarily on Google Chrome, with a focus on a range of browsers created within the last three years that cover the largest representation of the user base.

The list of supported browsers is informed by usage statistics for saskatchewan.ca and represents approximately 95% of the most popular browsers. The list of individual browsers that comprise the remaining 5% are not statistically significant).

Levels of Support

  • Full Support (Optimized): The user must be able to access all content, features and functionality. All content, features, and functionality have been verified to render and function as intended.

  • Partial Support (Testing): The user must be able to access all content, but some non-critical features and functionality may be lost. All content has been verified to be readable and links are clickable with no unsurpassable errors. No consideration is given to platform-specific styling, features, or workarounds.

  • Unsupported: The user may not be able to access content, features and functionality. No consideration is given to platform-specific styling, features, or workarounds.

Large screen devices (Desktop and Laptop)

Operating System
Browser Version
Level of Support
Windows Internet Explorer
9+
Full
Internet Explorer
8
Partial
Internet Explorer
7
Unsupported
Google Chrome
Latest Version
Full
Mozilla Firefox
Latest Version
Full
Mac OS X
Safari
7+
Full
Google Chrome
Latest Version
Full
Mozilla Firefox
Latest Version
Full

Small screen devices (Tablet and Smartphone)

Operating System
Version Browser Level of Support
iOs
7+

Mobile Safari
Full
Google Chrome
Full
5 and 6
Mobile Safari
Partial
Android 4.x


Google Chrome
Full
Android Browser
Partial
Windows Phone
8.1 Internet Explorer
Full
Blackberry
10+ Blackberry Browser
Partial
6 and 7
Blackberry Browser
Partial

 

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve