There are a variety of documents, such as powers of attorney and death/birth certificates, requested by consulates, embassies and foreign governments that may require authentication.
To get a notarized document authenticated by signature, send or present the document to:
Ministry of Justice
800 - 1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4B3
Process of authentication (please allow up to three days):
- The Deputy Attorney General will verify that the Notary's signature is valid.
- A certificate signed by the Lieutenant Governor will verify the Deputy Attorney General's signature.
- The document is then stamped with the Great Seal of Saskatchewan and is considered authenticated.
- Documents are returned to the client.
Documents can be mailed in or presented in person.
The fee for authentication is $50 per certificate, to be paid by cash, cheque, or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance.
Walk in client documents may be prepared while you wait. Please call to see if walk in service is available before you come in to have notarized documents authenticated.
Mail in documents are returned by regular mail.
- If you need your documents immediately, please include a pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope (such as Xpresspost).