Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Celebrating Completion of $15 Million Integrated Health Care Facility in Kelvington

Released on June 8, 2017

People of Kelvington and area have a new hospital and renovated long-term care facility.  Community members, staff, patients and clients joined representatives from the provincial government and the Kelsey Trail Health Region to celebrate the completion of Kelvington’s new integrated health facility.

“Improving the quality of rural health services remains a priority for our government and we are proud to see the completion of this important project,” Kelvington-Wadena MLA Hugh Nerlien said on behalf of Rural and Remote Health Minister Greg Ottenbreit.  “The people of Kelvington and the surrounding area will be well served by this new and improved facility.”

Since 2009, the Government of Saskatchewan has invested more than $200 million toward the replacement of 13 long-term care facilities across the province.  Kelvington’s long-term care facility was set to be one of the 13 replaced, but it was decided in July 2012 to renovate the existing Kelvindell Lodge and replace the existing hospital with a new health facility.

Now completed, the integrated facility features 45 long-term care beds, seven acute care beds, seven multi-purpose clinic rooms and a family room.  The first phase of the project was the construction of the Kelvington and Area Hospital, which began in 2014.

Following the opening of the hospital in June 2016, renovations proceeded in the kitchen and dining area, as well as the east, south and dementia wings of Kelvindell Lodge.  The renovations were completed at the end of March 2017, allowing residents to move back into their homes in April.

“We are extremely pleased the entire Kelvington project is now complete,” Kelsey Trail Health Region CEO Shane Merriman said.  “Having an integrated facility that offers acute, long-term care and primary health care services all under one roof is a significant accomplishment.  We wish to thank the physicians, managers and staff, long-term care residents and their families for their patience and co-operation throughout the duration of the project.  We trust the end result – a modern facility to serve Kelvington and area for many years to come – made it all worthwhile.”

The provincial government contributed $12 million to the $15 million project, which represents 80 per cent of the total shareable costs.  Local contributions covered the remaining 20 per cent.

-30-

For more information, contact:

Shirley Xie
Health
Regina
Phone: 306-787-4083
Email: shirley.xie@health.gov.sk.ca
Cell: 306-537-3594

Peggy Ratcliffe
Kelsey Trail Health Region
Tisdale
Phone: 306-873-6613
Email: pratc@kthr.sk.ca

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve