Released on July 13, 2016
SaskWater tabled its 2015-16 annual report with the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly Clerks office today. Titled, Your Partner in Water: Building Infrastructure, the annual report provides an overview of the year’s activities and delivers the Crown corporation’s financial statements. SaskWater reported a net income of $7.4 million for the 15 month period January 1, 2015, to March 31, 2016.
“SaskWater has maintained a focus on successfully growing its business and that is reflected in this report,” Minister responsible for SaskWater Herb Cox said. “They have achieved a sustainable earnings level that has allowed the corporation to pay a dividend of $1.9 million for the first time since becoming a commercial Crown corporation.”
Highlights of SaskWater’s activities in 2015-16 included:
SaskWater's annual report is available online at www.saskwater.com.
- Paying a dividend of $1.9 million to the province, the first since becoming a commercial Crown corporation.
- Delivering 55.7 billion litres of potable and non-potable water.
- Replacing five bridges on the Saskatoon Southeast Water Supply system canal.
- Substantial completion of the three year build of the Zelma East pipeline project to provide non-potable water for BHP Billiton’s Jansen mine. The pipeline is 92 km.
- Providing water services to 63 communities, nine rural municipalities, 85 rural pipeline groups, 16 industrial and approximately 236 commercial and domestic end-user customers.
SaskWater is Saskatchewan’s commercial Crown water utility, helping communities, First Nations and industry gain access to reliable and professional water and wastewater services.
For more information, contact: