Released on April 14, 2015
Saskatchewan Opportunities Corporation (SOCO) released its 2014 Annual Report today highlighting achievements and successes of the Innovation Place technology parks in Saskatoon and Regina.
“SOCO’s strategic focus is on the advancement of Saskatchewan’s technology sector,” Minister responsible for SOCO Don McMorris said. “Jobs created through existing and new startup companies as well as technology companies moving from outside the province offer opportunities for employment growth in Saskatchewan.”
SOCO owns and manages 1.6 million square feet of laboratory, greenhouse, office and specialty space. Since 2007, 62 new private sector companies have started their business at the Innovation Place technology parks.
Highlights of SOCO’s 2014 Annual Report:
SOCO is a Crown corporation operating under the business name Innovation Place.
- SOCO produced net income of $2.3 million on total revenues of $39.4 million.
- The tenants of Innovation Place contributed more than $830 million to the provincial economy.
- Tenant companies of Innovation Place provided more than 4,300 jobs for Saskatchewan people in the science and technology sector.
- Six new startup companies and three out-of-province companies located their businesses in Innovation Place facilities.
- Innovation Place was rated as one of Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers for the fifth consecutive year.
The 2014 SOCO Annual Report is available online at www.soco.sk.ca.
For more information, contact:
Saskatchewan Opportunities Corporation