If you are conducting business with the Government of Saskatchewan by mail, please be advised that delivery may be delayed due to rotating postal strikes. Various measures are in place to ensure service to Saskatchewan residents and businesses during postal strike action.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.


Legislation for weed control in municipalities is provided for by The Weed Control Act(the Act). 

Under section 15 of the Act, each landowner is responsible for destroying noxious weeds on their property. Section 3 deems a municipality to be the owner of the roads within the municipality boundaries.

Rural and urban municipalities may appoint people as weed inspectors to enforce the legislation. If a municipality fails to appoint an inspector, the voters may petition council to appoint one.

Municipalities may enact a bylaw to abate nuisances which may include weeds along with other conditions which may cause a property to be unsightly, untidy, or a nuisance to the community. 

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve